Saturday, May 2, 2009

NSD Coffee Sleeve Album How To

Happy National Scrapbooking Day everyone!! Thanks for visiting my blog today :)

I have a little how to for you and I am participating in a Blog Hop with the DT from Art Freckles. Leave a comment on this post and hop on over to the Art Freckles blog and the other Art Freckles DT's blogs and leave comments with them also. If you leave comments on all 5 blogs, your name will automatically go into a draw for a great scrappy prize from Art Freckles! Here are the links to the other blogs:

Art Freckles Blog
Shannon's Blog
Renee's Blog
Kimberly's Blog

Coffee Sleeve Album How To

This is a very easy album to make with the sleeves you get on coffee at Starbucks etc.


First gather your supplies: 2-3 coffee sleeves, matching paper, ribbon, stickers etc. For mine I used the Art Freckles 'Cuz It's My Birthday Kit. I only used 2 coffee sleeves.


Cut each of your coffee sleeves along the right hand seam and open up. Punch 2 holes with a Cropodile or hole punch along the centre seam to tie your ribbon. Line each of your other sleeves over top of your first, so all of your punched holes line up.

Embellish your pages as desired. You may need to trim a little off the ends of your middle pages so they don't stick out when the album is put together. I liked the look of the cardboard, so I left it, but you can trace around the sleeve and cut your paper to totally cover the sleeves if you like.

To tie your album together, put your album in order, open it up to the centre, thread your ribbon through the punched holes, fold closed and tie a tight knot and bow on the outside of the album.
Here are my inside pages:

And my back cover:
Hope you like my little how to! Enjoy your NSD and keep on scrapping!!

16 comments:

Shannon said...

Love it! And oddly enough.. I just picked up a bunch of these sleeves last week!

Renée said...

Love it too Linda!! You always have such great ideas:)

Renee said...

Super cute....now I gotta go get coffee sleeves!

bcgal00 Rae said...

What a great way to use the coffee sleeves!

kim harter said...

oh my gosh great idea!! that was my fav kit of all times from AF

Nicole said...

Love the album, Linda!!! Gotta get me some of the sleeves!!! :D

Jennifer said...

Wow, what a unique idea! Thanks!

Mardi said...

Gosh I have had these sleeves for so long and still haven't done anything with them! Thanks for the inspiration!!

Anonymous said...

What a great idea! Gotta start saving those and using them! Love your album!
Lydia

Sandi said...

Oh my!! I am loving this blog hop and I am finding so many great tips and crafting/scrapping ideas. This is super and as I said in my last 2 blogs these are ideas I can use with the students I work with for those special days you make special gifts for!! Thanks ever so much.

GinniG said...

What an adorable project!!! It just amazes me how creative people are! Happy NSD!

tinascrapbooking said...

Cute!!!

Kimberly said...

Super cute project.

JoanneK said...

Ooooh....I love this tutorial! I NEED to head out to Starbucks and get me some sleeves!!!! Happy NSD!

paper bag create said...

This is ADORABLE Linda! Love it! Happy NSD!
Smiles.

wendipooh13 said...

what a super cute project!!!!! love it and great tut also!!