Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Holiday Hostess Gifts Blog Hop

Art Freckles is having a "Holiday Hostess Gifts blog hop" today! You should have arrived her directly from the Art Freckles blog HERE. You'll be able to hop from my blog to the other Design Team blogs for some great holiday hostess gift ideas. 'Tis the season for holiday parties!!

My hostess gift idea is a stamped tile coaster.

First gather your supplies: Stazon ink, stamps, 4x4 tiles (from a home improvement store, they are very cheap), felt circles for under furniture (small) and some markers. I used Copics.

Clean your tile with a damp cloth and dry. Stamp your image on the tile with Stazon. It is a little tricky to get a great impression without slipping, as the tiles are very smooth.

Here are my 2 tiles:

Allow ink to dry for a few hours or overnight. Then carefully colour in your images with markers. I found with the Copics even though the ink was dry it still blended with the markers. I used Stazon to ink around the edges of the tile as well.

Once you are done colouring, bake your tile in the oven at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 20 minutes to heat set.

When your tiles have cooled add some felt circles under the bottom side of the tile and you are done!

Here are my 2 finished tile coasters:


Your next stop on the blog hop is Stephanie's blog right HERE. In case you get lost...after Stephanie it will be Shannon's BLOG, then Jamie's BLOG.

Have fun hopping!!

5 comments:

Shannon said...

This is such a cute idea!

Jamie Harder said...

You are a creative genious! I LOVE this idea and your tiles are adorable!!

JoanneK said...

I made some of these last week, love how yours turned out!!! Fantastic! I think I may just make more!

Stephanie Zito said...

Wow Linda! Fabulous project! Thanks for sharing your tutorial! I'm definitely going to try these!

mustangkayla said...

How cute! I have a few of those waiting to be played with! :-)